Wednesday 4 January 2012

Handmade : Blues-be-gone Inspiration Jar

One of my Christmas gifts this year was this "Blues-be-Gone" inspiration jar.

I starting by scouring the internet for 50 great quotes ranging from insightful to witty and stopping off at pretty damn silly somewhere in between. I then wrote them onto 50 cards and sent them off to the wonderful moo.com for printing. I bought a Mason jar and filled it with purple shredded crete paper, placed each card into a purple envelope and put them in the jar.

The idea is that every time you feel a bit down or just need a bit of inspiration, you just reach inside the jar and voila. Take a look at some of the cards and a few snaps of the finished product below.














5 comments:

  1. Good idea A!! As you can see I still reach for the sky, so perhaps you already know which B-B-G card is my favourite?? yes,the green one (allthough I also like the yellow ) §:-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jetty Thanks Jetty, it was great fun looking for the quotes, every time I think i have a favourite I read another one and change my mind :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea! I'm going to try something similar as a gift for my daughter. Where did you get the envelopes that fit the cards? Assuming you used moo's rounded business cards, yes? Thanks for sharing your creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Joe Thanks Joe! That's awesome, make sure to share some pics if you make one, I'd love to see your spin on it :-) I did indeed use Moo's rounded cards and I got the envelopes from a company here in the UK called simply envelopes (found on the net). Happy creating and good luck with your project! Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting post and thanks for sharing. Some things in here I have not thought about before.
    Regards,
    Brand Consultant
    Neeti Biz

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...